Monday, November 23, 2015

Review: In the Blood by R.L.Martinez


in the blood


I was given an eARC of this book for an HONEST review.

In the Blood

R.L. Martinez






I wasn't really sure what to expect when I started reading this book. I didn't have much information about the book and had never even seen the cover!
It took me about 2 days to finish this one, I could barely tear my eyes from it long enough  to sleep. The story is so enthralling. I loved every minute of it. I was constantly anxious to find out what would happen next. I finished this book hungry for more. I hope that the words "The End" are NOT an indication that there won't be another installment.
Ms. Martinez did an excellent job with the characters in this novel.
While the two main characters are identical twins, they are in truth  more different than they are alike. Ottilde Dominax is a soldier through and through while her sister Oriabel is a lady to the bones. The girls show their dedication to one another throughout the novel. They protect each other no matter the distance or trials in their way.
I could sense throughout the novel that Mrs. Hugo had an ulterior motive but I was absolutely shocked when I found out what those motives actually were. I never saw it coming.
The scenes in the novel were described beautifully. It was very easy to see, in my mind, what the characters saw.
I did find some small errors in the novel, but seeing as this was an Advanced Readers Copy, I'm sure they will be fixed before publication. They were minor errors that did not affect the story drastically. They were not bad/frequent enough to make me want to throw my kindle across the room.
Ratings System 5 glasses

No comments: